Forum Discussion

JRV2
Level 4
8 years ago

Duplicate from dedupe device to cloud?

A client is running BE16 FP1, has a dedupe device, and wants me to investigate cloud DR backups. 

Is it possible to duplicate dedupe backups to cloud storage without rehydrating?

TIA

• The data would rehydrate when duplicating to the cloud in FP1. We are working on dedupe to cloud for a future release in the 2nd half of the year.

Send me a private message if interested in participating in that release's Tech Preview scheduled for late June.

6 Replies

• The data would rehydrate when duplicating to the cloud in FP1. We are working on dedupe to cloud for a future release in the 2nd half of the year.

Send me a private message if interested in participating in that release's Tech Preview scheduled for late June.

JRV2
      Level 4

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

Interesting; that could be worth waiting for. Is it backup to dedupe and then duplicate dedupe to cloud, or backup direct to cloud, with deduplication?

Thanks for the TP invitation; a few years ago I might have taken you up on that, but probably have to pass on it unless my employer is interested in setting it up on a lab system.

DavidEF
        Level 3

This is backup/dedupe direct to cloud. We're pretty excited about it. We'll definitely be posting here as soon as we release.

I understand about the TP. Let me know if anything changes.