Forum Discussion

anthonym
Level 3
13 years ago

Duplicate Dedupe Job fails half way through

We are running a daily/weekly/monthly policy to a dedicated dedupe folder (B2D) and it works just fine. I have setup a duplicate job (inside policy) to an offsite B2D dedupe folder (again dedicated using and CASO/MMS setup) for both the daily and weekly jobs and it gets about 2 hours into the job and fails with the following error:

The requested media was mounted, but it has been erased and does not contain any backup sets

I also get the following errors on the logs only on some servers, not all.

A selection on device \\IDSFILESERVER\D: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\IDSFILESERVER\E: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\IDSFILESERVER\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\MATTHEWSDB2.matthews.com.au\C: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\MATTHEWSDB2.matthews.com.au\D: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device MATTHEWSDB2.matthews.com.au was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device MATTHEWSDB2.matthews.com.au\SQLEXPRESS2008 was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\MATTHEWSDB2.matthews.com.au\Shadow?Copy?Components was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\MATTHEWSDB2.matthews.com.au\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\MATTHEWSFS3.matthews.com.au\C: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\MATTHEWSFS3.matthews.com.au\D: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

Strange thing is I do not get errors on the original backup for these 3 servers and we are backing up 6 servers in total and the other 3 duplicate just fine.

Any ideas?
  • After installing SP2 and waiting for 10 Days, this Problem did not occured again.

So SP2 seems to resolve this issue.

If you can confirm that for your environment you should mark this as Solution.

thx

15 Replies