Forum Discussion

12 years ago

e0009b86 - Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote agent

Finally backing up, BUT we now have an error every single time.

LOG:

e0009b86 - Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote agent because a trust relationship was not established between the remote agent and the media server. To establish a trust relationship, add the remote agent to the Favorite Resources in the backup selections tree

ALERTS:

Default Backup Selection List-Brighton GFS Backup Policy-Daily Backup -- The job failed with the following error: Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote agent because a trust relationship was not established between the remote agent and the media server. To establish a trust relationship, add the remote agent to the Favorite Resources in the backup selections tree.

From what I can tell, everything has been backed up. Error does not tell me which server this is and I cannot let it continue as we have alerts setup.

Solution from Symantec support site is:

Push-install the remote agent to one or more remote computers from the media server. The trust relationship between the remote computer and the media server is automatically established during installation. (See related articles for How to push install Backup Exec RAWS)

Convenient how it doesn’t tell you which server. Convenient it’s something I’ve already done. Convenient how you don’t know until the job fails... We paid for this?

7 Replies

•  

Default Backup Selection List-XXXX GFS Backup Policy-Daily Backup

Job name            : Default Backup Selection List-XXXX GFS Backup Policy-Daily Backup
    Job type            : Backup
    Job status          : Failed
    Job log             : C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEX_SGBR-BUS01_00111.xml
    Server name         : SGBR-BUS01
    Selection list name : Default Backup Selection List

Device name         : Tape Library
    Target name         : Tape Library
    Media set name      : Daily Full - Onsite

All Media Used
    000001L5

Error category    : Security Errors
    Error             : e0009b86 - Backup Exec cannot connect to the remote agent because a trust relationship was not established between the remote agent and the media server.  To establish a trust relationship, add the remote agent to the Favorite Resources in the backup selections tree
    For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-39814

Job Summary Information

Byte count          : 634,816,733,315 bytes
    Job rate            : 2,812.35 MB/Min (Byte count of all backup sets divided by Elapsed time for all backup sets)

Files               : 418,133
    Directories         : 36,141
    Skipped files       : 0
    Corrupt files       : 0
    Files in use        : 0

Original start time : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:00:00 PM
    Job started         : Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:10:44 PM
    Job ended           : Friday, May 03, 2013 1:14:13 AM
    Elapsed time        : 05:03:29

• Is this happening on backups of all the remote servers? or only one?

Try to recreate the job for that one affected remote server and check the results.

Thanks,

-Sush...

• I have no idea which server this is happening to. As stated before, it does not tell me. Shows everything was backup from what I can tell from the report.

• This will come with another issue

When clicking Establish trust Relationship:

Its defaulting to the wrong username, even though it was properly deployed when I deployed the remote agents.

IE, defaulting to Domain1\Backupuser instead of Domain2\Backupuser.

Can I just go though each server, select the proper account, and assume all is well?

• ...this is a manual way of doing things, but it will work.

• Followed documentation via link provided by Colin. Did each step as instucted and all is well aside from AOFO and VSS issue. But thats another problem. Thanks for your help everyone!