Forum Discussion

MohdAlim
Level 5
14 years ago

Eject media option is greyed out

Greetings

I have just set up a new Backup Exec 2010 R2 server, with a IBM TS3100 SAS tape library. But I am facing with the following issues:

1) When a tape is inserted into the IO slot and inventory is performed, the tape is not automatically loaded to the magazine slots.

2) When I try to select a tape from a particular slot, the Eject Media option is greyed out.

For item (2), I believed is related to item (1) where the IO slot is not being recognized. Are there any special configurations to make the Backup Exec recognize the IO slots?

Thanks.

• Make sure that your tape library is configured correctly, i.e., the I/O slot is enabled.  If the I/O slot is configured correctly, then you should have one less tape slot.  For example, your library has 24 slots including the I/O slot.  If the I/O slot is enabled correctly, BE should only see 23 slots.  The I/O slot will be invisible to BE.

Once the I/O slot is enabled, use import/export to move tapes to/from the regular slots to the I/O slots. 

3 Replies

• 1> You have to import the tapes from the IO station and all can be loaded in the slots.

2> YOu don't have the eject option in the library, eject option is used in the stand alone tape drives. You have to import or export in the library.

• Make sure that your tape library is configured correctly, i.e., the I/O slot is enabled.  If the I/O slot is configured correctly, then you should have one less tape slot.  For example, your library has 24 slots including the I/O slot.  If the I/O slot is enabled correctly, BE should only see 23 slots.  The I/O slot will be invisible to BE.

Once the I/O slot is enabled, use import/export to move tapes to/from the regular slots to the I/O slots.