Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Error 1068 when attempting to start BackupExec

Hi,

I have installed backupExec 2010 on my Windows Server.

I keep getting Error 1068: Dependency group failed to start.

Some facts:

-SQL Server is running (I run Hyper-V and to access VMs, my SQL Server must be running).
-I have the domain account set with administrator, domain user and domain admin rights.
-I was even able to login before but all of a sudden, not anymore.

What could be wrong?

Thanks

7 Replies

• Go to the Windows Event Viewer and see which of the BE services are not started and correct that.

Apply all the latest hotfixes.
  • Check the Sql servcie for the Bkupexec instance if that is running ...Do you have Backup exec database on the same server using Sql express or have you installed it on SQl server .

• Start the services in the following order
    SQl(Bkupexec)
    BE Remote agent
    Be Device and media
    Be server service
    Be job engine service
    Be Agent browaser
    Be dlo servcies if installed
  • 1) Configure the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service and Backup Exec Remote Agent service with the local system account.

2) Configure the Backup Exec Device & Media, Server Service, Job Engine & Agent Browser service with the domain admin account.

3) First start the SQL Server service, then Device&Media service, then Server service followed by Job Engine and Agent Browser.

4) If the services are not starting check the error message in the application log & system log under event viewer.

• turns out the SQL service hadn't started thus causing the butterfly effect. once this service was started all was well. R3yes
  • 1068 "The dependency service or group failed to start" when starting the Spooler Service.

• The Spooler Service is not a BE service.  There is a problem with your OS, not BE.