Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Failed Backups Since Hotfix

Hello.  We recently installed the Backup Exec 12 hot fix 336718 (seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/336718.htm) on our SBS2003 SP2 server. Since that time.  We have been getting failed backups wit...
    15 years ago
    My client's backup is now working. I didn't have any ghost selections that reappeared and everything else that was recommended did not work either.  The hotfix along with SP4 was installed but still experienced the issue. I created a new backup job along with a new selection list. I followed the error in the Job History log which directed me to http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/339525.htm and followed that. I did not have the domain name listed along with the User name under the User Name entry.  I added the domain name and did a System State test which worked. The backup ran fine last night so my issue is fixed.

I checked when the issue started and this was listed in the Job History log. I don't recall if I clicked on it and it worked or if I clicked on it at all. I remember clicking on an error and it took me to the support website where it said nothing was available. Anyway I beleive my issue to be fixed.

Thanks for everyone's assistance on this,
    Bill