Forum Discussion

rsmccall
Level 5
15 years ago

Final error: 0xe000848f - Insufficient disk space.

I attempted to restore an individual email as a test, and as a result I received the error below.  I then followed the procedure outlined in Symantec Doc ID# 286084 but even after changing the staging directory and creating a new restore job the restore still fails with the same error.  I'm running v 11D on Server 2003 from a tape backup.

V-79-57344-33935 - The path on the media server for staging temporary restore data when restoring individual items from tape ran out of disk space. Either clear some disk space, or click Tools/Options/Restore and enter a path that has more disk space.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286084.htm

• How big is your IS?

How much free space is available on the volume you pointed the staging area to?

When extracting individual items from a GRT backup that is on tape, the  entire IS must be restored before the item(s) can be extracted.

(GRT backups to disk do not need this staging space)

3 Replies

• How big is your IS?

How much free space is available on the volume you pointed the staging area to?

When extracting individual items from a GRT backup that is on tape, the  entire IS must be restored before the item(s) can be extracted.

(GRT backups to disk do not need this staging space)
  •  How do I determine the size of the IS, priv1.edb only?  The size of priv1.edb is over 93GB.  Staging directory only has 10GB available which is obviously not enough.  Can I redirect the staging directory to a UNC path?

The statement you made about the entire IS having to be staged before the restore - is this true for every time email(s) need to be restored?  I didn't know until today that the entire IS had to be staged first...is this true in version 12.5 too?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Ryan
  • I ran a quick test by redirecting the restore to an external HDD which in turn answered one of my questions from my previous post.  The temporary staging area must be a local NTFS drive.  Therefore I cannot redirect the staging directory to a UNC path.