Forum Discussion

20 years ago

Final error: 0xe000feb9 - The NDMP subsystem

Running Backup Exec version 10 on Windows Server 2003. When backing up a Windows 2000 remote server, get this error message:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000feb9 - The NDMP subsystem reports that a request cannot be processed because it is in the wrong state to service the request.
Final error category: Resource Errors

9 Replies

• Hello,

Kindly verify the following to resolve the issue.

- Ensure that the Remote Agent service is running under Local System account on the Media Server and the Remote Server

- Ensure that Port 1000 is not being used by other application on the Remote System

You can verify the same by using the following command
    netstat -a

Hope this helps.
  • Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
    Gaurav
  • I am getting the same message -- V.10 Agents for Windows. Verified port 1000 is not being used for anything else, verified both remote agents are using the local system account.

Any suggestions? Did this get resolved in any way? What does this message mean? Thanks!
  • Hello,

If you are backing up multiple resources, split the job and check exactly on which resource does the job fail.

Also check if the port 10000 is free not 1000. We apologise for the mistake in the previous reponse.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.
  • As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.
  • We're getting this same error at the end of our backup. No other errors in the job that I can see. Could this occur if you are using a tape library with two backup jobs running simultaneously, even if the jobs are backing up data from different servers?
  • Error : e000feb9 - The NDMP subsystem reports that a request cannot be processed because it is in the wrong state to service the request.
    For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65209

I have the same problem occasionally and I have checked the account and port and still problem persists. What is teh correct fix!
  • Having this same problem with Backup Exec version 10 on windows 2000 server when backing up remote servers running both windows 2000 and windows 2003.

port 10000 is clear and agents are running under local system account.

Any advice on what to try from here would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Steffen
  • I just started having this error with server 2003 and BE v10. port 10000 not being used and local account is being used on the agent services

anyone have any ideas? does it seem like there is a need to be concerned - seems as if the backup still completes.