Forum Discussion

18 years ago

Final error: 0xe000fedd - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Windows 2003 R2 sp1
BE 11d - hot fix 2 and hot fix 6

Error ceases when the following services are stopped before the backup; Distributed File System, File replication Service, DFS Replication. I have not yet determined which one is involved, or if all three are.

I have tried to apply the hot fix (article 833167) suggested in V-79-57344-65245, but the hot fix states the the service pack is newer then the hot fix, and it will not apply.

Any suggestions?

===============
Job Completion Status
Job ended: Monday, December 11, 2006 at 11:37:50 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fedd - A failure occurred accessing the object list.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65245
===============
Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- Shadow?Copy?Components - VSS Writer File SystemV-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.
===============
Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup- Shadow?Copy?Components - VSS Writer File SystemThe item Shadow?Copy?Components\System?Service\File Server Resource Manager\FSRM Global Configuration in use - skipped.
===============

15 Replies

• Sorry, I don't understand this one:
    The Win 64 XP machine doesn't have FSRM (= File Server Resource Manager?).

Thomas
  • Hello Steve,

thanks for your suggestion, I'll try this one tonight :-)

I have some servers at my customers location having the same problem. And it's allways just the shadow copy components that fail, all other vss backups in the backup jobs are successfull.

Could you find out, if this is a microsoft issue they know about?

I have applied the newer VSS Hotfix KB913648 to my customers servers and that one too doesn't fix this problem.

Juergen
  • So, what if you don't have a reports folder in the System Volume Information folder? Can I simply make one?
  • Hi Brian

Check out this TechNote and see if it helps

When performing Shadow Copy Components backups with the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) installed, Quota Reports are not generated and the job will fail.

Also check your VSS Writers and make sure they are all stable. At a command prompt run this

vssadmin list writers