Forum Discussion

GROBSON
Level 4
10 years ago

Force remove Non existent Backup Sets.

Hi,

I have a list of backup sets in Backup Exec 2014 that have been manually deleted at some point form the storage. How can I force delete the backup sets from the backup set list?

I have tried running an inventory on the storage device, and also tried manually expiring the backup sets (they had already expired). I have also enabled the "Allow backup exec to delete all backups" option.

• These backup sets are orphaned and I think they need to be edited out of the BEDB. You would need to log a sort case to do so. You should always delete the backup sets using the BE console. This will automatically delete them from the disk storage as well

2 Replies

• These backup sets are orphaned and I think they need to be edited out of the BEDB. You would need to log a sort case to do so. You should always delete the backup sets using the BE console. This will automatically delete them from the disk storage as well
  • You probably will have to remove the catalog associated files. If you check the properties of the "expired" backup set, you would see a reference to a .fh file

You could locate this .fh file in the catalog directory and removing them should remove the information from the backup set view as well.

Would recommend to log a formal support case or if you prefer doing this on your own, do disable DLM and backup the catalog directory before removing any entries.