Forum Discussion

10 years ago

GRT - Virtual Machine Backup

I have backup a virtual machine with GRT enable. I need to restore few files from this backup however when I try to retore the only option I get is to restore vdmk file(whole server). I am just wondering why cannot I restore the individual items. I am running backup exec 2010 sp4 on windows 2008 r2?

• AVVI is the license that unlocks the functionality of VMware. The RAWS agent is the Remote Agent for Windows Servers...this is installed on a remote server.

AVVI will backup VMs in their entirety, but to do GRT-based restores from them, you need the RAWS agent installed.

Do a push-install of the RAWS agent from the media server to this server in question and see what happens. If it goes through, then you never had it installed.

If it doesn't, then make sure you're on at least BE 2010 R3 with SP4!

Thanks!

3 Replies

• I think I only have raw agent installed? How can I install the AVVI on guest OS?

• AVVI is the license that unlocks the functionality of VMware. The RAWS agent is the Remote Agent for Windows Servers...this is installed on a remote server.

AVVI will backup VMs in their entirety, but to do GRT-based restores from them, you need the RAWS agent installed.

Do a push-install of the RAWS agent from the media server to this server in question and see what happens. If it goes through, then you never had it installed.

If it doesn't, then make sure you're on at least BE 2010 R3 with SP4!

Thanks!