Forum Discussion

13 years ago

hotfix 180429

after installing hotfix 180429 for BE 2010 MR3 windows 2008 R2 CASO Server is pretty much unseable.  services will not open, networking does not work, control panel will not open, they all say not responding.  I have triend installing the hotfix twice, both times the server became unseable.  I had to reboot in safe mode, run msconfig uncheck all symantec services, then reboot.  once rebooted, I was able to open the control panel and remove the hotfix 180429.  I find it hard to believe I am the only one having this issue with this hotfix.

your thoughts, ideas, and or frustatrtions please!

14 Replies

• We have 2008 R2 servers. After installing the hotfix, there is nothing I can do inside the Backup Exec gui. When i get passed the services issue, it taker 45 min to connect to media server. So intsalling any other hotfix is not an option. I have given this information ti Symantec support allready.

Been adviced by our Symantec partner NOT to intsall the update until a solution is in place.

•  

I have the same problem... someone please help....

We have 2008 R2 server

• Hi

If your issue mathces to above mention details from OP you can follow the steps in this thread ,else please open a new thread for faster responses with giving more details abou your enviorment & what exact issue is

Thanks

• ...the poster states he has the same error as the OP originally...I think that much is clear!