Forum Discussion

brholmes
Level 3
11 years ago

How can you set the schedule using Set-BEDuplicateStageBackupTask

I would like to script out the ability to set the run time for some of my duplicate stages. Here is a simple script on what I am trying to accomplish

$Def = Get-BEBackupDefinition -Name "JobName"
$Time = Get-Date -Day 1 -Month 11 -Hour 5 -Minute 00 -Second 00
$Schedule = New-BESchedule -MonthlyEvery First -Day Day -StartingAt $Time -Every 1
Set-BEDuplicateStageBackupTask -Name * -BackupDefinition $Def -Schedule $Schedule | Save-BEBackupDefinition

However, when the script runs I receive the following error:

Set-BEDuplicateStageBackupTask : Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.
At line:5 char:1
+ Set-BEDuplicateStageBackupTask -Name "Monthly Tape Backup" -BackupDefinition $De ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-BEDuplicateStageBackupTask], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameterSet,BackupExec.Management.CLI.Commands.SetBEDuplicateStageBackupTaskCommand

How would one use the Set-BEDuplicateStageBackupTask to modify the schedule of a job?

• I called Symantec tech support and they informed me that this is a bug and will hopefully be corrected in a future release.

12 Replies