Forum Discussion

cappper
Level 0
12 years ago

How to Restore from B2D and not Tape

Backup Exec 2010 R3 (Version 13 Rev.5204)
Server 2008 R2

We currently are doing a weekly full B2D backup of the server in question with a duplicate backup set to tape after the full B2D is complete.

I recently created an IDR ISO so that we could do a test restore of one of this server.
The IDR works fine without a hitch.

But when I go into the BE Media Server and start a New Restore job to restore the SQL databses, the restore always looks for the tape media to restore from and not the B2D.

Currently the tape media is offsite and can not be restored from.  I have tried to manually select the B2D device as the source device to resore from but it stil looks for the tape.  How to a make it so the SQL restore I am trying to do used the B2D device and not tape as the restore source.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies

• Hi

If your SQLbackup is on tape & disk, Why don't you go to b2d & right click on b2d & click on restore data to select the resources & do restore

If you right click on that b2d & when click on restore data if nothing is visible ,please try doing inventory and catalog

Thanks

• When you create your restore job, click on the View by Media tab.  You would then see all your media.  You can then expand the disk media and select the items to restore.