Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Hp 1/8 Autoloader error

Hi Experts.

I am facing issue with HP 1760 tape library LTO4, it was working fine since two years, now when isert tapes and start the backup process, always i am doing inventory and catalog before the backup process start, this time i got error as below:

16.02.15 12:13:02.23  Libctrl task Error - ME: invalid cartridge

Return status:                   0x80 - command failed

Global error code:               0x63 - ME: invalid cartridge

Command code:                    0x15 - unload

Task originator:                 0x02 - CDB interpreter task

Extender library specifier:      0x00, 0

Source element type.:            0x02 - storage slot

Element number:                  0x05, 5

Destination element type.:       0x04 - tape drive

Element number:                  0x01, 1

when restart ultrium , error gone, when scan again start getting error, I tried to replace cartidge with another one , also check other ports in the library , same issue,

Appreciate your Help !

Thanks,

• It's definitely hardware-related, and either to the robotics or the actual drive itself. I found the 1/8 autoloader very unreliable which prompted a move to the MSL 2024 G3 which worked well.

2 Replies

• It may be a hardware error. Run the HP LT&T utility against the tape library/drive.  Make sure you select the write test and that you have stopped all the BE services beforehand.  If there is any failure, contact the hardware vendor

• It's definitely hardware-related, and either to the robotics or the actual drive itself. I found the 1/8 autoloader very unreliable which prompted a move to the MSL 2024 G3 which worked well.