Forum Discussion

TheMind
Level 3
14 years ago

Information Store shows 0kb, can't backup Exchange 2010 with BE 2010 R2

Hello.

I've read several technotes about this, and threads, and haven't found the answer yet. 

I have moved Backup Exec 2010 R2 to a WIndows Server 2008 R2 x64 machine so that I could backup my Exchange 2010.  My Exchange 2010 server is a VM within ESXi 4.1, for reference, but the RAWS is installed on the Exchange 2010 VM, and so is VMWare Tools.  I have installed the Exchange 2010 Management tools on the new BE Media server.  The Exchange 2010 server already has the MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 installed.

I am getting this when trying to choose selections for doing a GRT backup of the Exchange 2010 server...notice that the Information Store shows 0kb for both the Mailbox Database and the Public Folder Database:

I found out that I did NOT have the Backup Exec system account set in the Local Admin group on the Ex2010 server, and did NOT have that account in the "Organization Management" role group.  I fixed both things, and verified that the account is a Local Admin on the mail server and is in the "Organization Management" role group.  Yet, I still can't get the Information Store to populate and backup.

I tried just selecting the Information Store here anyways thinking maybe it was a glitch, and when running the backup, I received this error:

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get the Exchange 2010 GRT backup to work?
  • allmind thank you very much for your answer. I solved my problem.

My problem was exchange management shell problem. When I install Exchange 2010 SP1 on my exchange server, Exchane management shell doesn't work. I find this problem and I solved EMS problem.

Now Backup Process works fine.

Best Regards 

22 Replies