Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Invalid physical volume library argument error when moving media

I have some Backup To Disk files that no longer exist, but they show up under a Media Set in Backup Exec.  When I try to move the file to Retired Media so I can delete it, I get the error "Invalid physical volume library argument".  How can I get rid of them in Backup Exec 2010.

• Hi

As per your above post the b2d file no more exist & when you move them to retired media it error out

Are these file associated with any backup to disk folder & are these b2d file in offline media

If file is associated with any backup to disk try deleting the folder from backupexec devices tab & see if that helps

Thank You

2 Replies

• Hi

As per your above post the b2d file no more exist & when you move them to retired media it error out

Are these file associated with any backup to disk folder & are these b2d file in offline media

If file is associated with any backup to disk try deleting the folder from backupexec devices tab & see if that helps

Thank You

• Hi Tim,

Have you tried deleting the media from the media set, and then deleting the media set?

Thanks!