Forum Discussion

ihajjar
Level 4
9 years ago

Final error: 0xe0008105 - Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

i am running a backup exec 15 on windows server 2012 R2 when i am trying to restore a file form a disk i am getting below error :

Final error: 0xe0008105 - Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

Final error category: Job Errors

please i need your help

• This means that the backup set is not accessible. Check that the backup set is present on the disk and the disk storage is online. If you are restoring an incremental/differential backup, then make sure the entire backup chain is online

7 Replies

• This means that the backup set is not accessible. Check that the backup set is present on the disk and the disk storage is online. If you are restoring an incremental/differential backup, then make sure the entire backup chain is online
  • i will check this and then i will get back to you

thnaks for the reply

• I have seen this when restoring from old tapes. You can try to right click your disk storage and run inventory.

It can be that some of the disk files isnt connected to the catalogs.

• Have you been copying backup to disk files from one Backup Exec Server to anoter as yiou can also see this type of error where you have 2 versions of the same named bkf files but with different content and the catalog file that is showing you the restore selectiosn is actually related to the one you no longer have on your server (because of the manual copying of conflicting files around)

• Dear Colin Weaver

i didn't copy any backup data but i have two Disk storage that i store backup data on them  i swich between them when one of them is full