Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Job Rate slowly decreases.

Running Weekly Full backup jobs to tape. Used to run just fine (finish in about 24hrs), but the past few weeks the Job rate has slowly been declining over the time of the job.

Job will start out and in the first hour or so will climb to 3000+MB/min but will steadily decrease to less than 500MB/min and the job will take 50+ hours.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

• Have opened a case with Symantec Tech Support to narrow down the cause of this.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I had a similar issue when I had Intel (ProSet) dropped Teaming support for W2K8R2 on legacy NICs.

However I can tell you that BUE device speed starts at the maximum supported for that device and comes down to the speed that it is limited to, due to network/ bad tape/ etc.

Coming from an Arcserve background, it was the other way round - the device would start at 0 MB/min at work up to the maximum speed the device can run at.

Symantec people may want to correct me on this, but from my experiences, this is true.

• Have opened a case with Symantec Tech Support to narrow down the cause of this.

Marianne
        Level 6

Hi SupMet

jgrywacheski has not visited VOX in over 2 years. 

I seriously doubt that he/she is going to reply here.

Best to start a new discussion and tell us about your experience and environment.