Forum Discussion

tech43
Level 4
10 years ago

Library Expansion Option Violation

After upgrading BE 2010 R2 to BE 2014 we receive the storage error "Library Expansion Option Violation" (error code 58053 in Windows event logs.)  Attached to the BE server is a HP StorageWorks MSL6000 Tape Library.  The error appears hourly, however we never received the error under BE 2010 R2.  Viewing Installation and Licensing > License information the LEO row reports a green check and YES for both Licensed and Installed. 

We have power cycled the Medium Changer and restarted the BE server numerous times though the error continues.

• Would you post the adamm.log from \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs

Any error or warnings under the event viewer ? Is the changer & drive displayed correctly in the device manager ?

Ideally, if you are using just one library with one tape drive, then this alert violation should not occur. For additional tape drives, LEO licenses are required. Try reinstalling the license as well.

3 Replies

• Would you post the adamm.log from \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs

Any error or warnings under the event viewer ? Is the changer & drive displayed correctly in the device manager ?

Ideally, if you are using just one library with one tape drive, then this alert violation should not occur. For additional tape drives, LEO licenses are required. Try reinstalling the license as well.

• I am having this same issue after upgrading to BE V-Ray 2014.  I have both a LEO license and an Unlimited VTL license and I get the error message for both of them.  I have uninstalled and re-installed licenses, restarting services inbetween.

I have one Overland NEO 200 with two drives. (Hence the LEO lic)

I have one Overland 4600 VTL. (Hence the unlimited VTL lic)

I have power cycled in the correct order the server and attached devices.  I have opened a case with support and they have had me do all of those steps again.  Is there a fix for this or not?

• My issue was due to licensing and resolved by disabling a few of our tape drives in BE (we no longer direct backups to tape).