Forum Discussion

gow75
Level 2
13 years ago

network account not working

I have one server with server 2008 on it, symantec 2010 installed.  this server is not on a domain nor a primary domain server.  i am trying to back up a Windows xp machine that is not on a domain either. this is a lab environment.  I copied the RAWS32 folder over to the xp machine and installed the agent.  the server sees the pc under symantec 2010 under Windows systems.  I have a shared drive on the windows xp system drive D shared out with the everyone included and full control.  I can add it to the job setup list but it always asks for a user account so i created the account in symantec.  the user account i created as local admin rights on the windows xp machine.  so when i try to put a check mark on the D drive it asks for the network account, i select the one i made which is the same as the one on the Xp pc.  same password and username.   it comes up Access Denied. why?

5 Replies

• You need to connect as an ID on the XP workstation in the format:

XPComputerName\UserID  and the appropriate password

• I've never actually used BackupExec in  a workgroup environment, but either the acount with same name and password or my suggestion should have worked (I think)

I'll set the support flag  on this thread to draw the attention of the Symantec Techs

• Hi Gow75,

Try adding the Windows XP server from the User Defined Selections node, using the IP address