Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Rücksicherung von Dateien aus VMDK

Hallo,

ich möchte wissen, welche Dateien sich auf einem Band befinden.

Es handelt sich um eine Sicherung einer VM. Wenn ich auf Restore gehe, sehe ich das Band unter "View by media" hier werden aber nur die VMDK-Dateien angezeigt für den passenden Tag angezeigt. Unter "View by Resource" sehe ich keine Sicherung, die zu diesem Band/Datum gehört.

Unter Media, habe ich das Band online gefunden und einen "create catalogue" gestartet. Es werden mir unter "View by Resource" jedoch nach wie vor keine einzelnen Ordner bzw. Dateien angezeigt, die ich zurücksichern könnte.

Systemumgebung:

Windows Server 2008R2

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3

Tape Library: Tandberg / Exabyte

Vielen Dank vorab für Euer Feedback

5 Replies

• See my article below on how to restore individual files/folders https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-individual-filesfolders-vm-backup
  • Hi,

thanks for responding so fast.

I have already restored files from a VM, but here I do not see on the machine the date of the backup.

Like your description says, I can expand the VM and see only VMDK files or I can expand the local machine name and see individual files and folders, but not for the required date.

Neither throught the server itself not throught the Virtual Center Server I can see the backup for 31.01.2014.

If I go to view by media I do see, that there is a backup for that server on that day.

I hope I could make it more clear now.

• Hello,,

Just wanted to make sure of a couple of things:

1. Live Updates have been run and all your remote servers updated. There have been many hotfixes and patches released in recent Service Packs for Backup Exec 2010 R3.
    2. the version of VMware you are running is on the SCL:  Backup Exec 2010R3 Software Compatibility List
  • Do a one-time backup of the VM as if it is a physical machine and see whether you can see the missing backup set when you try to restore.

• @pkh

The backup for tonight is still running, but I can open / expand the 10 last backup jobs as it should be.

My question is how I could add for example a tape, which is several month old or just not any longer in the lists of "View by resources"?

@ Imsola

I see there is SP4 available and we will try install it during weekend on the media server and all 10 remote servers.

I actually expected SBE to show the backups for all jobs, which are at least available to on the online media...