Forum Discussion

Jeff_Allen
Level 4
16 years ago

RALUS Agent doesn't start

After multiple sucessfull installs and uninstalls I continue to get this error when trying to start the Ralus agent manually.

[root@froggy bin]# /etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init start
Starting Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent ./etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init: line 23: 29656 Segmentation fault      /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote >/var/VRTSralus/beremote.service.log 2>/var/VRTSralus/beremote.service.log
Starting Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent:                              [FAILED]
[root@froggy bin]#

I am at a loss as this has worked on numerous other boxes I have installed on recently....

Thanks in advance for your help.

9 Replies

• For some reasin this shows as solved... it is not... here is what I get from the debug agent... not much help...

[root@sip ~]# cd /opt/VRTSralus/bin
    [root@sip bin]# ./beremote --log-console
    Segmentation fault
    [root@sip bin]#

• Well that doesn't seem to help much.  Honestly the best suggestion I could give you would be to call in and open a support ticket so we can really dig into the issue.
  • Hi, Thanks for your response. We do not have LDAP enabled on this server. I plan to call the support line this week to try and get a resolution.
  • Hi All,

My system is: Linux LinDeb-login01 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Thu Mar 26 01:08:11 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

when i tried to start the agent manually, it got error same asbove and the error log is like the following:

LinDeb-login01:/etc/VRTSralus# vi /var/VRTSralus/beremote.service.log
    /opt/VRTSralus/bin/beremote: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

where and how can I download the runtime libraries then ?

Thanks.

• We have to uninstall the ralus agent, rename or delete the install directory of rallus agent on unix server.

Try to install ralus agent again.
    Start the service.
    Try to backup unix machine.

Please reply any quereis

Regards
    KK
  • Hi

Please go through this tech note:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/306806

This should fix it. Please provide the version of RALUS you are using, and refer to software compatibility list to check if this version of RALUS supports RHEL 5. Please mark it as resolved if this fixes the issue.