Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Remote Agent keeps Crashing!

Hi Guys,

I am using Backup Exec 12.5 on all my servers (Windows 2003).

However, the Remote agent on 2 out of around 20 keeps crashing!

the rest are ok no dramas at all

My Manager and I have changed the settings and it worked for about a week but now this fix doesnt work!

Help Please!
  • On your media server, browse to  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec, right click  beremote.exe and then

check the version  of remote agent.

On the remote server you will find the beremote.exe at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Raws,

Both should have the same version, also check the event viewer on your remote server for any errors related to remote agent.

10 Replies

• Check the version of Remote agent on the Media server and on the 2 remote servers where are having problem.
  • Remote Agent 12.5 Rev 2213.144
                   Utility   12.5 REV 2213.0

thats on both remote machines
  • On your media server, browse to  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec, right click  beremote.exe and then

check the version  of remote agent.

On the remote server you will find the beremote.exe at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Raws,

Both should have the same version, also check the event viewer on your remote server for any errors related to remote agent.
  • The Media server and the Remote server have different versions,

Media:12.5.2213.163
    Remote: 12.5.2213.144

is this the Problem?

• @Joel - Did Amol's answer solved your problem?  If not, do unmark it as a solution.  Otherwise, it will give a false impression that your problem is resolved.
  • the different versions were the problem, have now updated and everything is going smoothly

thanks Amol
  • Have you checked that those servers are publishing correctly, and have you considered a reinstall of the RAWS agent via a remote push install?
  • we have done a restall back in March when this problem first started, but when the problem came back we have tried for a different way to fix it, and i have now updated the versions so they are all the same now and it seems to be running ok now