Forum Discussion

Danny_J
Level 3
12 years ago

Seagate Viper 2000 AutoLoader Slow Backup Job Rate

Hey. I have just re-built a Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (SP1). Attached to it I have 3 tape drives (via SCSI) : Quantum Super loader 3 Seagate ...
    12 years ago

Thanks for your time, I have now resolved this issue.

As I thought it was the "robotic Library driver" causing the problem (as my first post). I was struggling to remove the driver (seaddsmc.sys) that windows was automatically using. In the end I done this by this procedure:

Open "Device Manager" > Open "Medium Changer Devices" > Right click the device, so "Seagate Viper 2000 Autoloader" > Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Select "Unknown Medium Changer" > click Next and wait for the driver to install > reboot ( and again another reboot might be required after symantec has been opened, if the autoloader goes offline when trying to run a job).

If "Unknown Medium Changer" is not in the list - deselect "Show compatible Hardware". The manufacturer I used is "GenChanger" and there is only 1 model shown ... "Unknown Medium Changer" in my case.

Hope this will help anyone in the future.