Forum Discussion

AIRay
Level 4
10 years ago

Service/Login Account Lock

Hello Experts,

Running SBE 2010 R3

i can not get the services started on symantec, all backup jobs failing. This happened when one of our old domain controllers came back online.

we got this fixed but i suspect it has something to do with this event.

i tried to go into services.msc and start the BE Server and it says Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

i click on properties of that service and change the account to my admin account and still go same error.

i used the account called backup that is associated in our AD with running SBE jobs. i reset this password in AD and put this as the user and password to start this service as but i get the same error.

when i launch backup exec it asks for credentials to connect to the media server. i tried both of the above accounts and it fails with the error The Backup System Server is not responding or is not installed.

i need to get my backups running again.

let me know what else you might need

• ...make sure the SQL service has started up.

Alternatively use BEutility.exe to reset the BESA to use the same account. It will restart the services as well.

Thanks!

4 Replies

• ...make sure the SQL service has started up.

Alternatively use BEutility.exe to reset the BESA to use the same account. It will restart the services as well.

Thanks!

• Hey Craig,

Thanks for the advice. So all that worked. i was able to get back into the media server.all services are started but i still get the same error when running a backup job. attached a picture.

• Craig,

i reset the account again and started the services. looks like that was enough to get the backup jobs running again. thanks for the help