Forum Discussion

hashsysadm
Level 3
10 years ago

Symantec BE2010: Job Completed with Exception-Files skipped No Backup of Data

Hi There,

I would be grateful if anybody could assist me to address the below issue i am getting.

Windows Events Id: 8193

Backup- Server Address
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Serveraddress\C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-11226 - VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provider selected returned: "Unexpected provider error". Ensure that all provider services are enabled and can be started. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Backup- \\Server Address\C:
Unable to open the item \\ServerAddress\C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\lastalive0.dat - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\ServerAddress\C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\lastalive1.dat - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\ServerAddress\C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\ServerAddress\C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\ServerAddress\C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\ServerAddress\C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE - skipped.

Unable to open the item \\ServerAddress\C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM - skipped.

Backup
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server Address\E:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-11226 - VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provider selected returned: "Unexpected provider error". Ensure that all provider services are enabled and can be started. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server Address\F:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

- AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server Address\P:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

• I had sent a PM with the following comments -

" Thanks for the log. The VSS error is slightly different this time.

Cannot find anymore diff area candidates

Do ensure the Shadow Copies size is set to NO LIMIT for all volumes. Do verify that all volumes have been assigned a drive letter via Disk Management as well.

Thanks. "

What was the outcome of the changes ? Additonally any 4K sector size disk in use ?

22 Replies