Forum Discussion

10 years ago

System State backup fails

Hey,

I'm having problems with backing up Windows Server 2008 R2's system state. My problem is exactly same as in the post: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/system-state-backup-fails-error

I followed the instructions on that post to get debug log from job, but I cant find file that is in use from the log. Could I pm my log to someone who could take a look at it?

Niko Turunen

• Here is the error:-

Status 0x0000007B returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy154\program files\java\jre6/bin/java.exe in brUtil::GenerateFileList

Correct the / to \ and this is typically for the ImagePath key under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service name>\

8 Replies

• Hey,

Version of Backup Exec is 2012 - 14.0 Re. 1798 (64bit)

I'll send you the log.

• Hey,

The log file contains names, ips, etc so I wouldnt like to post it anywhere public. I can send it to you aswell via pm. 

• Here is the error:-

Status 0x0000007B returned calling FindFirstFile for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy154\program files\java\jre6/bin/java.exe in brUtil::GenerateFileList

Correct the / to \ and this is typically for the ImagePath key under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\<service name>\