Forum Discussion

Stefan3
Level 2
7 years ago

Tape driver for BuE 2016 where to get it?

Hi

I have a LTO8 drive.... which is not discovered and I get a alert like "BuE was unable to ini and communicate with the device [HPE......."

Until 2015 this meaned I need to install the tape driver, but I do not find in in the BuE folder (tapeinst.exe)

But this is not there in 2016,google says click the link in the BuE GUI, see below, but I get 404 page

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/15047.html

And I do not find any thing useful searching on that page.

So can some one please give me a working link? 

Thx

Stefan3
    7 years ago

Hi thx for the quick reply,

yes I checked that before... and yes "HPE Ultrium 30750 LTO8" it is in HCL for 2016
    And yes the drive is shown in device manager but without any driver.

7. Required support can be found in "FP2 Hotfix 128051". Use the latest Feature Pack available: <https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH000128051> or via LiveUpdate

I did run LiveUpdae and it did not download anything. It says  "Thx for using LiveUpdate , All Symantec products and components on your computer are currently up-to-date...."

So I asumed I do not have to download "FP2 Hotfix 128051" manually... which I'm doing now...

Ok this Hotfix helped. I now see the LTO8 Drive and the library in Storage tab and it's happy.
    I can erase LTO8 tape so it looks promising :)

But the drive is still shown in device manager without driver.

Not sure why LiveUpdate does not fix that or any hotfix, I mean it said there are not updates... maybe our proxy makes trouble there, but then I do not understand why it does not complain about not working internet access.

bye

5 Replies

Stefan3
      Level 2

Hi thx for the quick reply,

yes I checked that before... and yes "HPE Ultrium 30750 LTO8" it is in HCL for 2016
      And yes the drive is shown in device manager but without any driver.

7. Required support can be found in "FP2 Hotfix 128051". Use the latest Feature Pack available: <https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH000128051> or via LiveUpdate

I did run LiveUpdae and it did not download anything. It says  "Thx for using LiveUpdate , All Symantec products and components on your computer are currently up-to-date...."

So I asumed I do not have to download "FP2 Hotfix 128051" manually... which I'm doing now...

Ok this Hotfix helped. I now see the LTO8 Drive and the library in Storage tab and it's happy.
      I can erase LTO8 tape so it looks promising :)

But the drive is still shown in device manager without driver.

Not sure why LiveUpdate does not fix that or any hotfix, I mean it said there are not updates... maybe our proxy makes trouble there, but then I do not understand why it does not complain about not working internet access.

bye

Colin_Weaver

We had a minor issue with installing Hotfix 128051 via Live Update so temporarily removed it (whilst leaving it available for manual download) it will return to LiveUpdate soon.

However please be aware that as LiveUpdate is a Symantec service (and Veritas have now split from Symantec) that very soon (date to be confirmed) LiveUpdate will cease to provide updates for Backup Exec, and therefore any unpatched servers running older BE versions after use of LiveUpdate is discontinued will always have to be manually updated. Veritas will be providing it's own update system for the latest product versions going forwards.