Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Tapes Changing Media Sets

. I have an autoloader that serves various backup jobs. I have created various Media Sets and placed the tapes into the set that I want a specific backup job to use. Oddly enough, the backup jobs use ANY media, and then move media from one Media Set into another. In other words, I have 2 tapes in "Media Set 1" and 1 tape in "Media Set 2." I have configued one backup job to use the 2 tapes in "Media Set 1" and another backup job to use the tape in "Media Set 2." WHen the backup jobs run, backup job 1 uses the tape from Media Set 2 and then moves this tape into "Media Set 1."

There is another post that describes the exact same thing that is happening to me.

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?forumID=103&threadID=50116&messageID=4378324컔

In this post, it is said that I need to change the option "to use overwritable media in the target media before scratch media."

Unfortunately, I don't have this options under Tools -> Options -> Media Management.

Instead, I have

1)Overwrite scratch media before overwriting recycled media in the targeted media set.

2) Overwrite recyclable media contained in the targeted media set before overwriting scratch media.

#2 is the one checked. Should I select #1 to resolve this issue? If not, what other setting needs to be made to successfully get a backup job to use tapes in the Media Set I specify?

16 Replies