Forum Discussion

20 years ago

"Unable to allocate memory" error

Hi,

I am experienceing random "a00084c4 - Unable to allocate memory." errors when duplicating a job to tape after the backup job has run. When I run the job manually duplicating works oke. Strange thing is that I have 1GByte of internal memory (of which +/- 350MBytes is used when BE is started but no backup jobs are running).
(BE9.1SP1 on W2k3)

Any ideas on what might be causing this problem ?

Kind Regards
A van der Boom

13 Replies

• > > 2. Try backup after uninstalling the Dell
    > > OpenManager. This may allow Backup Exec to access
    > the
    > > hard disk. Reboot the server, perform backup and
    > > verify. This step would isolate the cause of the
    > > issue.
    > I will first contact DELL if they might have a newer
    > version because I need the OpenManager to manage my
    > y RAID sets.
    DELL did not had a newer version of its OpenManager software so I cannot try this.

I did noticed the following. Normally my weekend backup takes two tapes for its duplicate jobs, I insert the first one on Friday and the second on Monday when BE asks for it. The last two weekends were longer than usual and I exluded a Friday and, the previous weekend, a Monday from the weekend backup. Both times I had an 'Unable to allocate memory' error. the difference with my normal weekend backups was that now BE had to wait 33hours before the second tape was inserted. Unfortunatelly I did not had SGmon running, but when I ran it with my weekly backups I did not see the 'LDM Interface failed 4' error

With the changes I already made I did not see the 'Unable to allocate memory' error until those weekends.

Regards
    A van der Boom
  • Hello,

From your last reply, it is unclear to me if the problem is resolved or not.

So kindly elaborate.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool
  • As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.