Forum Discussion

17 years ago

Unable to see Info store in E2K07

I have installed two Exch 2007 clustered mailbox servers and have a couple of mailboxes migrated from my Exch 2003 server.  When I try to select these two E2K07 boxes for backup, the Info Store does not show up in my selection list.

My Exch 2007 boxes are running Windows 2003 64-bit.  I have installed the 64-bit remote agent on both and can see and select the System State and Shadow Copy Components along w/the C drive, but no Info Store.  I am able to see and backup the Info Stores on my Exch 2003 server with no problems.

My backup server is running Windows 2000 server w/SP4 with BackupExec 11d 7170 w/SP1 installed and Agent for Microsoft Exchange.

Am I missing something here??

6 Replies

• Are you running build 7170?

This is required for E2K07, the previous build only supports E2K03
  • yes, you did, sorry

Hmm

Check the v11d SCL

Note 1 under database support says :

1. If Backup Exec resides on a 32bit Windows 2003 installation you need to have the Exchange tools installed locally in order to backup Exchange 2007. Backup Exec installed onto Windows 2000 does not support backing up Exchange 2007.

Guess you'll need to upgrade your media server

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 12-18-2007 03:15 PM
  • OK, I have BE installed on my Exch 2003 server which is running Windows 2003 server.  I also noticed in the notes of the SCL that if BE is installed on a Win 2003 box that the Exchange tools have to be installed locally.  I am assuming that means the Exch 2007 tools have to be installed on my Exch 2003 box??  Will that cause any problems with my existing Exch 2003 environment?

• honestly not sure if that is going to cause any problems or not.  I do not believe it will though since it should not interact with exchange 2003.  But if you want a definate answer on the question, you are going to have to ask MS.