Forum Discussion

18 years ago

Upgrade the Remote Agent to the same version as the Media Servers. ???

I received this message after installing 11.d last evening.  While I know what it means, I do not know how to accomplish this task.  Any Ideas??? 

5 Replies

• Either repush the Agent to your remote servers or run the silent install on each (You did purchase new RemoteAgent serials to go along with your Media Server upgrade, right?)
  • Ken,

I inherited the system and made sure the licenses were renewed.  I was unaware of what I needed to buy.  Tried to find a simple explanation of how it works, so far been lost.  I do appreciate your assitance.  Will do what is necessary when i know what that is.

Thanks,

Jeff :)
  • From memory, to (re)install the remote agents, from within the Backup Exec Administration console, click Tools and Install Remote Agents. A box appears where you can right click Microsoft Windows Network and choose Add a computer. Select the computer you wish to deploy the agent to. You'll be prompted to select which components you wish to deploy (the Remote Agent as a minimum) and for user credentials for installation. Repeat this process for each server you're redeploying the agent to. Then click Next and Backup Exec will install the remote Agent where you've selected.
  • I do appreciate your assitance and will try it this evening.

Jeff
  • That worked perfectly!  Thank you for your experience and assistance.

Jeff