Forum Discussion

aaog
Level 3
16 years ago

V-79-32772-8984 Error with Shadow Copy. Can't backup.

Hey, everyone. I'm concerned about the support on this because I looked up my topic here and saw a couple other posts from years back where people had a similar issue but there seemed to be no re...
    16 years ago
    Ok, update. I tried again to reregister all the .dll files according to this article:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940032/en-us  after stopping the vss and swprv service, beause that is the solution other people mentioned online. And it worked. I successfully backed up active directory this time. I'm not sure why it didn't work before, even though I have done it before more than once. The only thing I did different this time was I didn't manually restart vss after I was done. I simply tried to list the writers again immediately and they lsited (this automatically started the vss service, though). So I don't know why that's any different. Maybe the combination of rebooting and reregistering and reinstalling the agent. Either way, it worked and so I will test it again and let you know.