Forum Discussion

jcprieto
Level 4
9 years ago

V-79-57344-38721- Failed to mount or more virtual disk images

Hello

We are received this message "V-79-57344-38721- Failed to mount or more virtual disk images" after to do backup of Vmware virtual Machine

Someone knows the solution

Thanks in advanced

• In that case, please log a technical support case & one of the engineers will be able to assist you. This is quite a generic error and narrowing down helps.

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • No, whe have No installed Remote agent in VM, in page 16 of attached file says

Document name -- > Backup Exec 2014: Protecting VMware

"It is not necessary to have the Agent for Windows installed on a VMware virtual machine to enable granular file and folder recovery. However,
    having the Agent for Windows installed on the virtual machine is required in order to recover files and folders directly to the source virtual
    machine."

All VM are Windows Operating system

The Vm has normal disk, format in NTFS 

Windows 2008 R2 for Backup exec

WIndows 2008 R2 for All VM

• File / Folder GRT backup does not require Remote Agent installed.

However, Application GRT backup/restore and File/Folder GRT restore requires the Remote Agent installed inside them.

Try installing the Remoe Agent on one VM & check the backup status.

• I only want to do backup no restore

So the agent is no necesary

The message is receiving to do backup

• I only want to do backup no restore

The point of backups is to do restore when needed.

So the agent is no necesary

During restore, the agent is required. My suggestion to install the remote agent on one VM will not only help for restores, but will also narrow down the problem.

• We prefer installed remote agent only when needed not before

We have other instalation that does not have remote agent and work fine

The documentation says that agent is not necesary for backup

criscabellos
      Level 1

Were you able to get this solved?

I'm facing the same error message and Verita's error code or support page is not helping at all to find the solution.

I don't know why they have a specific error code if that will only lead to nowhere. :smileysad:

• In that case, please log a technical support case & one of the engineers will be able to assist you. This is quite a generic error and narrowing down helps.