Forum Discussion

Ian-GACR
Level 2
9 years ago

V-79-57344-65225 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata

Hello
I use Backup Exec 2015. When backup W2008R2 server I get error V-79-57344-65225 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.
I tryed remove a Backup Agent from server and new push install, set Volume Shadow Copy Service  to manual, assign the System Reserved Partition a drive letter. Nothing !
Please help

backup.jpg

8 Replies

• If you open up a command prompt and type: vssadmin list writers, are any of them not in Running state? If so, then restart the server which resets the writes and then try again. You can also try choosing the Automatic option for Advanced Open File Option and see if this makes a difference.

• All services are stable and no errors. I tried install updates and restart server several times. If I backup system state its ok but if I choose any of disk a get error. 

• Turn on shadows copy on the problem volume and set the disk limit to unlimited
  • Check for errors / warnings logged in the event viewer. They usually contain a descriptive reason for the cause of the error.

• I tried create shadow copy manually on one of volume. But problem persist.
    There are no errors in event viewer related to my problem

• Would you PM me the entire Application & System logs from the affected server.

Additionally, SGmon debugging on the BE and remote server will help.

• I give up. I have no choice to install new server. I dont understant why it dosnt work there are no errors.

• Have you even considered logging a support case for assistance ?

This is quite a generic error and debugging helps find out the failure cause.