Forum Discussion

davidpike
Level 3
13 years ago

V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Hi,

I get this problem with one backup and can't seem to work it out. I've already read http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77888 and looked through the BACKUP-beremotexx logs but can't find any "0xe000FEDD" values so I don't know where the supposed wrong slash is. Am I looking in the right place?

Error:
Backup- \\PEACEFS4\System?State 
V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

Exceptions:
Backup- \\PEACEFS4\Shadow?Copy?Components 
VSS Snapshot warning. File C:\Windows\system32\ias\ias.xml is not present on the snapshot.

Backup- \\PEACEFS4\System?State
The item \\PEACEFS4\System?State\System Files\System Files in use - skipped. The .DR file that is required for Intelligent Disaster Recovery is not updated. 

Thanks,
David.

• Sorry for the late reponse, thought I got emails when there were replies.

Thanks for the reponses however it appears the backup isn't necessary anymore so don't need to look into this any further.

3 Replies

• Create a dummy file named ias.xml under the same path, i.e. C:\Windows\system32\ias

• If you still have not been able to resolve the issue: “A failure occurred accessing the object list”, then please review the actual file list for the System State System Files Component that is reported in the Backup Exec Logs directory.  For example: “C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\{E8132975-6F93-4464-A53E-1050253AE220} - System Writer.xml”.  Hope this helps.

• Sorry for the late reponse, thought I got emails when there were replies.

Thanks for the reponses however it appears the backup isn't necessary anymore so don't need to look into this any further.