Forum Discussion

Androsov
Level 3
9 years ago

VDS Basic Provider 1

I have 3-node Windows Server 2012 cluster of Hyper-V virtual machines. Some virtual machines are backuped by means of Backup Exec 2014 system.

Sometimes during this backup I see next error in the Event Log:

Source: VDS Basic Provider

ID: 1

There was an unknown error. Error state number: 48F@01000003

(this nessage translated from Russian).

What is the problem?

• Are you running 2 different backup applications on either the same server or against the same Hyper-V infrastructure? If so, stagger the backup times or standardise on 1 backup product.

Thanks!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Are you running 2 different backup applications on either the same server or against the same Hyper-V infrastructure? If so, stagger the backup times or standardise on 1 backup product.

Thanks!

• Doing a Google search in that error seems to show that various IT admins have seen that error, even with backup software other than Backup Exec  being used. This means you may need to look to Microsoft for some assistance as whilst caused by a backup request if it affects multiple backup products then something in the environment is the cause.

• Clearing up of a question at the forum IT Microsoft brought me on the forum Veritas.

• Does the backup fail ? If not, then it seems to be similar to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/932446