Forum Discussion

Ian_L
Level 4
15 years ago

Verification seems to hang - how to troubleshoot?

Whilst juggling tapes and trying to solve this problem, I have come across another problem unfortunately. The backup stage appears to have completed successfully, but the verification process app...
    15 years ago
    Don't know if this has just slipped under the radar with the updated information or if we have reached the limit of support available on here since Ben_L suggested calling support instead of using the forums.

Hopefully we will get a resolution one way or another anyway.

It is definitely a problem with *that* installation. I have uninstalled and re-installed it on that machine and it continues to fail quite spectacularly. Installing it on another machine works fine so the pressure is off me for now at least, but I can't imagine that Symantec Technical Support can't give you a better idea of some troubleshooting steps other than telling me verification normally takes the same time as a backup and pointing me to enable debugging.

It does strike me as kind of pointless helping someone to enable debugging then abondoning the question when they post the logs - what do you expect them to do! </rant>

Anyways - lets hope we can sort this out either way. Excuse my tone but I've had a crappy morning already dealing with SAGE support and it annoys me that Symantec appear no better. Actually, that is a little unfair - at least Symantec haven't washed their hands off the problem the minute the software completed installing, regardless of whether it worked or not. But you're not far behind at this point!

Hurrumph :)