Forum Discussion

sean_lee
Level 3
12 years ago

Verify job is very slow in Backup Exec 2012 deduplication storage

Hello. We have build up new Backup Exec 2012 environemnt. 1 Media server and 20 Remote agents. We are using Deduplication storage with client-side deduplication enabled for main backup. Whi...
    12 years ago

Thanks for lots of information

After I update all NICs and FC HBAs device driver and firmware to most recent version, the extremely slow performance when read/write operation at same time is getting better. So I don't need to run separate verify job.

I've monitored backup performance over a month and found that the overall backup performance was 3000MB/min ~ 4000MB/min with 8 concurrent operations on deduplication storage.

By the way when I increased the number of concurrent operations to 16, the overall backup performance was less than 1000MB/min.

I've varied the vaule of concurrent operations and found that, in my case, the optimum setting is 8 concurrent   job and overall backup performance is 3000MB/min ~ 4000MB/min. (even in read/write operation like backup jobs and verify jobs are running at same time)

If I found a better way to increase deduplication performance, I'll post it.

To Olaf

In my case, duplication performance to LTO6 tape library is almost same with backup performance (30000MB/min ~ 4000MB/min).

And I will intensive restore test until next week, so I'll let you know what the restore performance from deduplication storage is.

Thanks

Sean Lee