Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Enabling resntoff trigger

Hello to everyone. I have a resource that some times fail and then the clean of the resource fail too. So the resource remain on-line. I want to enable the resnotoff trigger in order know when the...
    11 years ago

Have you set ManageFaults attribute on service group to "NONE" as I have only ever seen a resource go into ADMIN_WAIT when ManageFaults attribute is set to "NONE" (default is ALL) - run:

"hagrp -display -attribute ManageFaults" to check.

If you look in the VCS Admin guide, I can only find ADMIN_WAIT for a resource (ADMIN_WAIT is also a state for systems) referencing the ManageFaults attribute being set to "NONE" - also see http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH52895

There is also a resadminwait trigger, but you ought to find out why resources are going into ADMIN_WAIT, rather than putting code in resadminwait trigger, which is a work-a-round by putting "clear-up" code in here.

As MSMQ is an agent provided with Symantec software, you should log a call with Symantec if the clean is failing and Symantec should change the code, rather than you have to implement a work-a-round using triggers, unless you have some custom config of MQ.

Mike