Forum Discussion

14 years ago

VCS package dependencies

Hello, I am trying determine the best way to remove all non VCS VRTSx packages from a solaris server(s) ansd leave CVS packages Physical servers are being migrated to solaris zones and part of th...
    14 years ago

Hello,

VRTSperl , VRTScpi & VRTSvlic are the 3 foundation packages for any veritas SF suite product, so they lie at bottom of the chain. These 3 packages are must for any SF suite product install.

Regarding package dependencies, well there are lots of changes in the product versions (for e.g 5.1 & 5.0), 5.1 as very less number of packages comparing to 5.0.  I remember install guides use to have chapter where it will list dependencies (not exactly which package depends on which package but a sort of order of package installation which may help a bit)..

I would suggest to have a look at install guides... you can find the install guides here:

https://sort.symantec.com/documents    (select appropriate OS & VCS version you are using & go to product guides)

For e.g from a SF 5.1SP1 VCS install guide located here:

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/5.1sp1/solaris/productguides/pdf/vcs_install_51sp1_sol.pdf

page no. 212

Viewing the list of VCS packages

During the VCS installation, the installer prompts you with an option to choose
    the VCS packages to install. You can view the list of packages that each of these
    options would install using the installer command-line option.
    Manual installation or upgrade of the product requires you to install the packages
    in a specified order. For example, you must install some packages before other
    packages because of various product dependencies
    . The following installer
    command options list the packages in the order in which you must install these
    packages.

Table 16-2 describes the VCS package installation options and the corresponding
    command to view the list of packages

would suggest to have a look in the guide for information

Gaurav