Forum Discussion

Altair
Level 4
13 years ago

DLO7 agent installation - push or local - errors and rollback

We just upgraded our DLO server to 7, and I am trying to upgrade our agents to the new version, as well.  Upon either a push installation from the server, or a local installation on the client(s), we run into an error 1325 "Documents is not a valid short file path", and the installers rolls back all changes (including the version of the agent that was previously there).  The clients are Win7 SP1 x64, the server is 2008R2.  Is this a known issue with DLO 7?
 How can I get around this and restore our DLO backups?

The event logs from a sample client are attached.

(PS: I realize DLO isn't part of BE2012, but that was the closest option available in the drop down)

18 Replies

• Thank you for the logs...

I can see folder redirection being set for the Favorites Folder & it points to a network share...as a workaround if possible, break the redirection for one single client & check if the DLO install completes or not...

• Not really, our GPO's are all pretty ingrained.  Even if I could, that wouldn't help we as I can't go around to every machine in the enterprise and temporarily break redirection.  But on this advice, I decided to install as local admin and it worked. Still going to be a huge pain, but at least we don't have to reconfigure our entire AD to make it work.

• Oops, spoke too soon.  It got all the way through the installer, and then said it had to undo everything.  So I don't think redirection is the problem.

• On a clean Win7 install, this installer gets all the way to "Publishing product information", sits there for about ten minutes, and then gives me the error in the attached screenshot.  Is SDLO really this big of a step back from the previous version?  Is Symantec trying to get everyone to stop using this product?  Is there a better alternative?

• As prerequisite we need to install the Visual studio Redistributable 2005.

If it is an 64 bit machine and MS outlook version is 32bit  then install 32bit version of  Visual studio Redistributable 2005.

If it is an 64 bit machine and MS outlook version  is 64 bit then install 64bit version of  Visual studio Redistributable 2005.

If it is an 32 bit machine then install 32bit version of  Visual studio Redistributable 2005.

Let me know if you still face the issue?

• I'm assuming this is mis-posted, since I have a very hard time believing I need Visual Studio 2005 installed in order to install DLO 7.

I have been working for the last week with Symantec to try to figure this out, so if anyone else is experience this problem, please stand by.

• This could usually be the reason of any unsuccessfull uninstall or install of some MSI pkgs which would have left faulty registry keys.

Probably you can check this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652

From the install log it shows the following error:

=====================
    MSI (s) (38:F8) [14:29:43:465]: Note: 1: 1325 2: Documents
    Action start 14:29:43: CostFinalize.
    MSI (s) (38:F8) [14:29:43:465]: Product: Symantec DLO Desktop Agent -- Error 1325.Documents is not a valid short file name.

Error 1325.Documents is not a valid short file name.
    Action ended 14:29:43: CostFinalize. Return value 3.

=====================================

Try this MS article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328162

Hope this helps.