Forum Discussion

14 years ago

about discovery accelerator

hi, can somebody please help me with discovery accelerator. i need to extract all mail items, both sent and received, of one user who is enabled for journaling using the discovery accelerator. i need...
    14 years ago

Hey ya,

You say this is urgent, that being the case and considering the errors you are seeing you should probably open a case with support so they may assist you.

That said, I believe this may be the issue you are seeing:

Problem

Event ID: 158 generated in the Windows Event Viewer log every 10 minutes

Error

APP AS - Customer ID: -1 - Error in customers synchronising thread. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Solution

Overview:
    When the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service (EVAMS) starts to allow Enterprise Vault (EV) Compliance Accelerator (CA) or Discovery Accelerator (DA) to process, a communications channel is established between the SQL Server containing the CA or DA databases and the CA or DA server.  When this communications channel is unexpectedly broken, the error above is thrown into the Enterprise Vault Event Log on the CA/DA server every 10 minutes for each Customer that is currently running.

Solution:
    Currently, three options exist for resolving this issue.  The solutions below are listed in order of quickest to the most complex resolution.  Execute Solution 1 or 2 and monitor the system before executing Solution 3.

Solution 1:
    1. Log onto the CA or DA server as the Vault Service Account (VSA)
    2. Open the Services application
    3. Select the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service
    4. Restart the EVAMS

Solution 2:
    1. Log onto the CA or DA server as the VSA
    2. Open the Services application
    3. Select the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service
    4. Open the Properties of the EVAMS
    5. Click on the Log On tab.
    6. Type in the password for the Vault Service Account and confirm the password.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Restart the EVAMS

Solution 3:
    1. Log onto the SQL Server as the Vault Service Account or an account with the SQL sysadmin role
    2. Open SQL Enterprise Manager for SQL Server 2000, or SQL Management Studio for SQL Server 2005
    3. Access the Server Login Properties > Database Access tab
    4. Grant the Vault Service Account explicit access to all Enterprise Vault and Accelerator databases
    5. Close SQL Enterprise Manager / SQL Management Studio
    6. Log onto the CA or DA server as the VSA
    7. Open the Services application
    8. Select and restart the EVAMS