Forum Discussion

rnt123
Level 5
8 years ago

Archiving old content into journal archive.

Hello,

Is there a way to have EV pull in old content from user's mailboxes into the journal archive? I assume that this is not possible without provisioning the user's mailboxes so that EV is aware of them. I guess as an alternative, would it be feasible to use Exchange native tools (mainly the export-mailbox command) to import the content into the inbox of the journal mailbox where EV would ingest the messages? The existing content should stay in all the user’s mailboxes.

• Easiest way is to export to PST and import into the archive.

3 Replies

• it's not possible. you wouldnt want to do it because mailbox data is completely different from journal data. what you could do instead is create a mailbox archiving task and archive without deleting the original and without creating shortcuts.

WiTSend
      Level 6

Maybe if we better understood what you need to do.  In my case, I am exporting all my user archived email from the user archives prior to when we enabled journaling (2 years worth) and importing this into a shared archive in the Journal Vault store so that I can retain the data for eDiscovery after we migrate/delete the user archives. 

What is your use case?

• Easiest way is to export to PST and import into the archive.