Forum Discussion

Fremont
Level 5
13 years ago

Centera Compliance Mode Deletion Issue

Hi,

We are seeing the following problem:

• Item archived to Centera in Compliance Plus mode with RC = 6 years from modified date (see attached 1 and 2)
  • When I run storage expiry in report mode I get a bunch of items that meet expiry (see attached 3)
  • When I do test delete using web search\select\delete on an item that satisfies expiry I get "deletion of item not currently permitted"
  • "Users can delete from their archives" in site properties is selected
  • Opened item in outlook and looked at properties: sent/received dates are correct; modified date is showing archived date, which is odd, but should not be essential (see attached 4)
  • item is not on hold
  • ran dtrace (see attached 5)

Can anyone help?  EV report is expiring the item.  Not sure why centera clip is not following.  Is it possible that centera is using the modified date instead of the sent/received like EV does?

Thanks,

Fremont

•  
  •  
  • You say that you are using a migration tool that uses the EV API. Can you explain more about this? What are you doing exactly?

My personal guess is that the tool is not passing the right information about the retention.period to the Centera. So for the Clip-ids, the information that is stored in the Centera Clip Description file does not match with the specified value in the retention category. Or it is not calculating properly the retention period passed to the Centere where based on the modified date.

The Storage Expiry then see the items as expired and sent the order to delete, but Centera is not allowing to delete them because is in compliance mode and it takes the value from the Centera Clip Description file ignoring what the application (in this case EV) orders (to delete the items).

That could be confirmed following the steps in TECH78150.

Keep posting, this one is very interesting...

14 Replies