Forum Discussion

18 years ago

Deleted Account

An account that had it's mailbox archived has been deleted. In the Enterprise Console the account shows up with the Unknown Account & SID. I have tried adding a system account with the permission to get to the vault but each time get a warning window stating Please enter an existing Windows Account Name. This, I assume is because I have left the deleted account SID with permissions, so I try to remove the account permissions and get the error, Account cannot be removed as it has automatically set permissions associated with it.

Q. How do I specify a different account with permissions to this users Archive and then remove the old account SID from it?

TIA,

Paul
  • Change the Bill to Account for the Archive to something other than what it is, i.e. the Vault service account.

Then you will be able to add permissions.

17 Replies

• Does running the script that you listed only remove the "Account Unknowns" or does it zap all legitimate permissions from mailboxes as well?

If you zap the archive then all of the permissions including the unknown should be removed.  A sample script that we use to perform this task is:

[Directory]
    DirectoryComputerName   = ServerXXX
    Sitename    = EVSiteXXX

[VaultPermissions]
    vaultname= VaultXXX
    zap     = True

• It will remove all of them but then when you synchronize your users the legitimate permissions will re-populate.
  • I'm trying this script using out settings:

[Directory]
    DirectoryComputername = BRONZE
    SiteName = IMS Enterprise Vault

[VaultPermissions]
    vaultname = IMS Vault Store
    zap     = True

But I'm getting the following error:

Creating privileged MAPI session ...

Parsing input file: c:\tools\evault\zap_all.ini

Error parsing command file: c:\tools\evault\zap_all.ini, error follows:

Line number in error:   6
    Section in error:   VaultPermissions
    Attribute in error: vaultname
    Value in error:     IMS Vault Store

• You are getting that b/c it appears you are putting the name of the Vault Store and not an Archive.

If you want to do all the archive you can refer to the Utilities guide in the Policy Manager section for more details, but here is the excerpt:

ArchiveName

Mandatory. Identifies the archive to which the permission settings are applied.

If there are multiple folders with the same name and you specify a name, Policy Manager modifies only the first one that it finds. In this case, you must use archive IDs to specify the archives.

Possible values:

• The name of an archive

• An archive ID

• ALL (permissions are applied to all journal, shared, and mailbox archives in the specified vault site)

• ALL_JOURNAL (permissions are applied to all journal archives)

• ALL_SHARED (permissions are applied to all shared archives)

• ALL_MAILBOX (permissions are applied to all mailbox archives)

• I now ran:

[Directory]

[ArchivePermissions]
    ArchiveName = ALL_MAILBOX
    zap     = True

And it processed through all of the archives, but the "Account Unknown" SID is still in each account.  I tried to synch mailbox permissions, but that didn't change anything.

• After you ran the zap and before you ran the synch did you check the permissions?
  • Ran this script in EVPM:

[Directory]

[ArchivePermissions]
    ArchiveName = ALL_MAILBOX
    zap     = True

Screen then says:

"Processing permissions for the archive: Smith, Mark (IMS)"
    "Processing permissions for the archive: Doe, John (IMS)"

Before permission sync or provisioning, I looked at the security for a couple of the accounts that were supposedly processed but the "Account Unknown" is still there.