Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Emails set to archive pending change back to IPM.Note within a few seconds.

Hi all,

I have a problem with it seems an increasing number of our user base. The problem occurs when a user sets an email item to archive pending, the icon changes to the pending icon, and in the background the message class changes to EnterpriseVault.ArchivePending. Within a few seconds the icon changes back and the message class is back to IPM.note.

I have been speaking with Symantec support who have deduced using the http lite client, is a kind of fix or temporary workaround. While this is still be investigated by support services I was wondering if anyone else has seen this kind of problem?

I suspect this has only started happening since we upgraded to 8.0 SP4 from 7.5 SP5, but have not real evidence of this, just my own speculation.

Thanks,

Jeremy.

10 Replies

• Have you got a client trace of it happening?  And a dtrace of archivetask.
  • Hey Gertjan,

Thanks - This may very well prove to be the saving grace I am looking for. It certainly applies to the version we are running. I will run it past support services first and see what they say.

Thanks again,

Jeremy.

• Hi Rob,

yes I have these available. Do you have somewhere secure I can upload them to?

Jeremy.
  • OOPs... GertjanA have allready posted the link for the hotfix ---Appologies

• Hey Gertjan,

Thanks for your suggestion, with clearance from support services, we applied the hotfix and my user base is now happy again. At least for the moment. :)

Jeremy.
  • Hi all,

I wanted to come back on this one and let you all know the outcome of this case.

The hotfix mentioned above could have had a positive impact, however it was not the solution in this case.

The key was recognising the same users who were unable to see their archive folder structure were also suffering from the problem where messages they marked to be archived would change back to normal messages within a few seconds.

The underlining issue was null folders in the archivefolderview. This is a known issue by Symantec. Once the null folders were fixed all the pain went away. Users were able to archive messages again fine.

Thanks,

Jeremy.