Forum Discussion

haeussler
Level 4
7 years ago

EV 12.1.3; Unable to download email from OWA

Hello together, a customer is facing an issue with OWA 2013 and IE 11. When EVS is opened from OWA the download option is prevented. If the user opens the EVS directly the download option is shown. ...
    ChrisLangevin
    7 years ago

I just checked and this is intentional.

We add the "EVOMA_SANDBOXED=1" parameter when EV Search is launched from the Office Mail App outside of Outlook (i.e., from OWA) using Internet Explorer 10 or later (specifically, we check for Trident version 6 or greater).

This is because of sandboxing restrictions placed on the Office Mail App by IE 10 and later, which limit the ability of EV Search to interact with the client machine when launched in this fashion. This causes our Download and Export operations not to work (since these write files to the client); therefore we check for this condition and disable those buttons in this scenario.

In my testing, this issue is not present using Firefox. While it's true that in our compatibility guide, Firefox and Chrome are listed as Pending support for the Office Mail App, that just means we have not finished our formal testing of them, not that they definitely don't work. Try some Firefox or Chrome versions in your test environment and see how they fare.

--Chris