Forum Discussion

velfir
Level 3
14 years ago

EV on distributed Exchange Environnement

Hi,

I 'm trying to install EV on a distributed Exchange Environnement composed of 1 server handling the CAS/Hub Roles and 1 server handling the mailbox role. Until trying to access on archived mail from OWA, I had no trouble. But since I wanted to search the vault or do a manual archive troubkles begun, only becaus I don't have the enterprise vault butons displayed on my owa web page.

Test the config with evort which said that I have problems with webdav virtual dir

Populate WebDAV Settings Report
Mailbox Server
ECH-MBX The CAS Server cannot communicate with the Mailbox Server due to Web site binding configuration. Install a certificate on the Mailbox Server and configure SSL.
More information...

Exchange Server 2007 configuration

Name Role Serial Number Status
+ ECH-CAS CAS, HubTransport Version 8.3 (Build 30083.6) Failed - Virtual Directory(Failed)

Site Id  
+ ECH-MBX Mailbox Version 8.3 (Build 30083.6) Failed - Virtual Directory(Failed)

How can I go through those errors and finish my installation ?

I Put the EnterpriseVault_WebDAVRequestProtocol to http wihch solve one error but i still have those 2 ones and I can't find a solution.

Many thanks

Regards

7 Replies

•  

Ok from this morning I've done a non-stop test period, here is what I've tried:

Deploy a SSL certificate on my MB, no change still don't have the butons

Deploy a SSL certificate on my EV, no change

And from the beginning I have a warning pop-up in IE8 on the mixed content on the web page. I've done the Symantec way and I still have the warning...

V.

• Hello,

I've seen thos article but not very helfull for me.

For the first error, the one on the certificate. I put a certificate on my mailbox server and it's still not working, I tried many configuratio on the web.config file, nut none made it works correctly. Still the same problem I don't have the buton on OWA and the vault cache function is not working to.

I also made the service delegation on aduc for the cas to the mailbox server

I test in every way I can and I still don't see how I can handle the problem. The weirdest thing is that this kind of configuration (cas/hub and mailbox separated) is common. Why symantec just don't make a procedure to set this correctly or I haven't find it yet.

V.

• Weird, it worked for me but here it is again:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH142796